Today we’re shifting our focus back to the financial side of the Way2Wealth process and speaking with someone whose work we’re very familiar with.
Wade Pfau, Ph. D, CFA, RICP® is the Professor of Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services as well as the Director of Retirement Research for McLean Asset Management and instream. Few people in the financial world possess his depth of knowledge around retirement planning and we’re excited to get some of his time to learn more about his process.
In this episode, we’re going to get inside his mind and see if we can get a deeper understanding about his view on a variety of different items. From saving to investing to taxes, we’ll cover some of the important financial topics with the professor.
Join us on today’s episode as we discuss these important topics and more:
- How retirement income style awareness is a starting point for creating a retirement income strategy. (3:20)
- Understanding risk tolerance and how it plays into your retirement. (9:52)
- The benefits and merits of different retirement strategies. (11:20)
- How he views the role tax planning plays in retirement. (15:14)
- His feelings about dividend paying whole life. (20:42)
- How to use these investments to provide death benefits. (27:23)
About our guest: https://retirementresearcher.com/
More Episodes: https://www.theway2wealth.com/episodes/
More About Scott Ford: https://www.carsonwealth.com/team-members/scott-ford/
Securities offered through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through CWM, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Cetera Advisor Networks LLC is under separate ownership from any other named entity. Carson Partners, a division of CWM, LLC, is a nationwide partnership of advisors. 19833 Leitersburg Pike, Suite 1 Hagerstown, MD 21742. Guests are not affiliated with Cetera Advisors Networks LLC, or CWM, LLC. Opinions expressed by the presenter may not be representative of Cetera Advisors Networks LLC, or CWM, LLC.